26/10/2020 0 Comments
Cleaning & Maintenance Tips for your Laminate Floors
Laminate flooring is extremely durable but not indestructible. It is always best to have a regular cleaning routine to help maintain the look for years to come. One of the many advantages of laminate flooring is that they are low maintenance.
There are a number of things you should do to ensure that you maintain the look and feel of your laminate flooring.
- Never wet mop your floors. Make sure that all excess water is removed from your mop. Too much water can cause swelling, joint separation, warping or delamination. You may also void your guarantee.
- Dirt and grit may scratch the floor so ensure that you sweep and vacuum regularly. Ensure that you use the bristle head of the vacuum to avoid scratching the laminate.
- For hard to remove dirt like, paint, lipstick, oil or tar use a small amount of nail polish remover on a dry cloth. Then wipe the spot with a damp cloth to remove any residue.
- Use entry mats so that any stones or dirt on your shoes can be rubbed off before stepping on your laminate floor.
- Do not use bleaches, wax or any abrasive polish as these can damage the surface of your laminate.
- Do not use floor cleaners that are designed for vinyl or tiles.
- Do not use buffer or polishing equipment on laminate flooring.
- Never allow spills to remain on the floor. Wipe up with a dry cloth as soon as possible. Liquids can warp or stain the floor.
- Avoid wearing high heels, spikes or studs as these will penetrate the flooring leaving marks.
Proper care and cleaning will enhance the life and performance of your laminate flooring.
Some manufacturers give clear flooring maintenance requirements so always check your guarantee to ensure that any product you use to clean the flooring will not void your guarantee.
Leave a comment